The 2022 AMA-Manatt Toolkit builds on a previously published roadmap by providing actionable resources that states can use to take specific actions in six policy areas:
- Increase access to evidence-based treatments to help patients with a substance use disorder (SUD).
- Ensure access to addiction medicine, psychiatry, and other trained physicians.
- Enforce mental health and substance use disorder (SUD) parity laws.
- Improve access to multidisciplinary, multimodal care for patients with pain.
- Expand harm reduction efforts to reduce death and disease.
- Improve monitoring and evaluation.
Click here to access the toolkit.